You’ll Need:Carrot Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup Sukrin Gold or other brown sugar substitute
- 1 cup of sugar substitute ( I use Swerve)
- 5 eggs
- 2 ½ cups of finely milled almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 cups of loosely packed freshly grated carrots
- 1 ½ cups of roughly chopped pecans (reserve ½ cup for topping)
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 12 ounces of full fat cream cheese
- ¾ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 ¼ cup sugar substitute (I use Swerve Confectioners)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease both the bottom and sides of two 9 inch pans.
- Line the cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and both sugar substitutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the ½ cup of heavy whipping cream and combine well.
- Add freshly grated carrots and mix well till fully combined.
- In another bowl combine the almond flour, baking powder, spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Lastly, stir in the chopped pecans, and shredded coconut.
- Transfer the batter evenly between the two prepared baking pans. Bake for 35-minutes or until done.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool thoroughly.
- While the cake cools make the cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat on high speed the softened cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Making sure to scrap the bowl several times.
- Beat this mixture on high between 2-3 minutes. Note: you want to use your whipping attachment to get the best results. Or use your egg beaters if you do not own this attachement.
- Next add the swerve confectioners sugar a little at a time.
- To the blended cream cheese frosting batter add the heavy whipping cream a couple of tablespoons at a time on high until light and airy. About 2 minutes. This recipe makes 4 1/2 cups of frosting.
Frosting Your Carrot Cake:
- When the cakes have cooled completely place the first layer onto a cake plate.
- Add about 1/2 cup of frosting to the center of the first layer making sure to spread evenly.
- Add the next cake layer on top of the first and the add about another 1/2 cup of cream cheese frosting to the center of the second layer.
- Spread frosting evenly to edge of the cake.
- With the remainder of the cream cheese frosting, frost the sides and top of the cake.
- Top the frosted cake with 1/2 of cup of chopped pecans.
- The food label includes the keto cream cheese frosting